The model regions
In the course of the E-DeMa project, private electricity customers within the model regions will be connected via IKT gateways to a public electronic marketplace as well as energy dealers, distribution grid operators and other protagonists.
Mülheim and Krefeld have been selected as model regions within the distribution grid area of RWE Deutschland AG. These areas are ideal model regions for E-DeMa since they offer an excellent mixture of buildings, single and multi-family houses with different social standards; a representative cross-section of the entire population structure, as it were.
The model regions: selection criteria
- Location in North Rhine-Westphalia, the most densely-populated federal state and at the same time the No. 1 energy state in Germany.
- The Ruhr Region offers a representative cross-section - socioeconomic and demographic - of the overall population structure in Germany
- Integration of a large private and a medium-sized municipal energy service provider as well as the largest German pool of energy research institutes
- Division into three sub-model regions of different sizes and with different IKT equipment
- Active involvement of end consumers in the project via incentive systems (e.g. through the equipment with intelligent household devices)